I am finally getting some images that I feel are worth printing and putting on the wall (mind you still LOTS of improving to do). I thought it would be interesting to start a thread to hear what was a game changer for you?
For me, I can list several things.
1) Purchased PixInsight and was finally patient enough to work through a book to learn the basics (Inside PixInsight 2nd Ed by Warren Keller).
2) Optolong L-Extreme filter for nebulae with my OSC (QHY168c)
3) Backyard roll-off roof observatory
4) Reading, reading, reading - lots in this forum
5) Running ethernet cable from the observatory to the house for remote control - resulting in a lot more imaging. In addition using N.I.N.A to setup sequences and imaging all night unattended (while I sleep)
I think for me the biggest one is #5 (in conjunction with #1) - just doing a lot more imaging and learning from it. I still consider myself very much a beginner but at least I am now past the point of discouragement.
So, what things were game changers for you?