•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen R200SS connection to camera(s)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bokemon

bokemon

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Silicon Valley, California

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:25 PM

Hello folks,

I have one of these scopes on order and want to figure out all the connecting parts.  The scope comes with what I believe to be an adapter that has 60mm threads for the focuser, 56mm internal threads for the Corrector PH to screw in, and finally presents 42mm threads towards the camera sensor.  OK, but is there another adapter so I don't have the constriction from the 42mm threads?  (probably inner diameter will be something like 39mm)  It seems a shame to have a 56mm corrector, with rear window size ---, and then to have the dumb adapter block it off.

There is another part called a Direct Wide adapter which appears to present a dovetail-type connector towards the sensor, but I wouldn't know how to connect to that with my QHY camera.  (I think you are supposed to use a Vixen T-ring adapter for a DSLR camera and then take out the inner 42mm threads?)  I don't know - online info seems scarce.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics