•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Scopereviews.com (Ed Ting) Goes YouTube

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: St. Louis Metro Area

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:20 PM

I stubbled upon a review on YouTube by Ed Ting.  I read his review webpage religiously when stationed overseas (and after).  I ended up watching almost all of the few he has so far.  The videos are limited, but like his web page, they are well done.  So Ed if you read this.... keep them coming.   

On a personal note, Ed I would like to see a review on the module setup: Takahashi FS-60q in both the long and short focal length setups.  

Clear Skies

Edited by mic1970, 23 September 2020 - 04:55 PM.

• Bill Jensen, peleuba, turtle86 and 2 others like this

#2 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Vanguard

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:13 PM

Hadn't heard of him until another member linked to one of his videos. I binged them all, he's awesome! Seems to be cranking them out at a fast rate considering the short time he's being doing them. 

#3 Bowlerhat

Bowlerhat

Viking 1

• Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:06 PM

I think I still prefer the old website review format. 

#4 martinl

martinl

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Sweden

Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:27 AM

I’ve always enjoyed Ed’s reviews and his relaxed, real-life commentary on equipment. I am pleased that he’s managed so well in keeping that style going in the YouTube videos. I subscribed as soon as I found them. 

For technical tests and Strehl ratios I look elsewhere.

#5 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:27 AM

A very smart man that knows how to do it, without all the fancy numbers that to most great astronomers mean nothing. Its a great site !

#6 peleuba

peleuba

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:44 AM

A very smart man that knows how to do it, without all the fancy numbers that to most great astronomers mean nothing. Its a great site !

I am confused (actually, not really) but does this mean that those of us who like numbers are not great astronomers?   

Help me understand... 

#7 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:04 PM

I am confused (actually, not really) but does this mean that those of us who like numbers are not great astronomers?   

Help me understand... 

So am I, you will have to go it alone any way you want ! But I will give you a hint you left out my word ‘ most ‘ which should preclude just that type of concern. So you shouldn’t be confused at all ?

Edited by LDW47, 24 September 2020 - 12:13 PM.

#8 peleuba

peleuba

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:23 PM

So am I, you will have to go it alone any way you want ! But I will give you a hint you left out my word ‘ most ‘ which should preclude just that type of concern. So you shouldn’t be confused at all ?

I am just joking with you - trying to make you laugh based on our previous exchange that the moderators removed from the other thread.

• LDW47 likes this

#9 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

I am just joking with you - trying to make you laugh based on our previous exchange that the moderators removed from the other thread.

Thats great if it is just a fun joke, its the way it should be, lol ! We do all think different in any hobby.

• peleuba likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics