•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Scopedome 3M

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarcoItaly

MarcoItaly

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 24 September 2020 - 03:53 AM

All,

I'm thinking about installing my equipment in a Scopedome 3m with full automation.

Any experience on this product? Water leakage problems?

Is it well built, worth the expense or is there any better product/manufacturer?

Will dome air currents be noticeable in respect to a roll off roof?

Consider that:

- the opening is 1m, dome diameter is 3m so no big internal volume still covered when shutter is open

- I live in northern Italy, during winter in the night usually it's around 0°C and during the day +5/6°C, during summer can be 20°C in the night and +35°C during the day. More extreme variations can be possible but unusual.

Thanks

Marco

#2 Topographic

Topographic

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tarn et Garonne, France

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:24 AM

Similar to my climate, if a little colder winter at your end. I have a Nexdome and open up well in advance of imaging which helps. Scopedome looks more 'airtight' whch could mean it will getter hotter in summer. The Nexdome seems to be a little cooler than the outside temperature in my location. The 'home' opening faces North so no direct sunlight during cooling. I still have to cover my concrete with astroturf to assist with temperature ans aesthetics but no big problem.

I would suggest a ventilation system, solar panel driven i needed, to keep equipment a bit cooler and reduce the time for air currents to stabilise.

The Scopedome looks great but twice the price of the Nexdome when I compared the two.

If in doubt contact the manufacturer, I am sure their clients will have had similar concerns.

Edited by Topographic, 24 September 2020 - 06:25 AM.

#3 Arie

Arie

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:25 PM

I am very satisfied with my 2M Scopedome, fully automized plug&play.

Fairly watertight shutter system. Some water can be blown in when wind is strong.

Important to park the dome with the shutter side into the wind.

Then the scoop (open slit on top of the shutter) is pointing away from the wind.

Construction is great and the software (USBDriver) is adequate.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics