•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M31 Andromeda - Third Try (Feedback wanted!)

astrophotography dslr dso
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theflyingsnakes

theflyingsnakes

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Newmarket Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

Hi everyone, after a month of some cloudy skies and busy nights of homework, I finally got out to try taking a picture of Andromeda again. My first time I was proud of, but I got some good criticism about my focusing and noise issues, so I did my best to correct them!

andromeda 3

There are some noise issues still there, and I wish I got more colour of it but overall I'm much happier with this outcome than my last one. If anyone has any feedback they could give, I'd really appreciate it, thank you!

163 Light frames at 60 seconds each

30 Darks

30 Flats

30 Bias

And again used Siril to process the image.

• WarmWeatherGuy, B 26354 and Skysmacker like this

#2 peyoter

peyoter

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:24 PM

wow looks really nice ! I'm trying the exact same thing, but I'm having trouble with calibration frames.. I think... trying to integrate and process with Pixinsight... well trying to calibrate and integrate for now lol.
Never heard of the program Siril, gonna google it right now tongue2.gif

#3 B 26354

B 26354

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern California semi-desert (NELM mag 5.3)

Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:39 PM

Great improvement! For my personal tastes, it seems a bit too contrasty, though. I think there's a lot more detail there that could be brought out, even though doing so will also bring out some of the inherent noise. Almost all astro-photos will have a noise component. Trying to hide it by increasing contrast, causes you to lose a lot of the faint, finely-subtle detail that makes these objects so fascinating. grin.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics