•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIair Pro and CGEM V1 compatability?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Barologuy

Barologuy

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:54 AM

I've seen both sides of people using it with success, and using it to their frustration via a couple posts here and some YouTube videos. I was wondering if anyone would be able to chime in on their experiences before I plop down on getting one. The features look amazing, but if support is shoddy I'd rather put the money into a laptop, sharpcap, etc.

Anyone have any opinions on either item, or their own experiences? I'm not sure what HC I'm using at the moment as I'm not home, but does that make a large difference in support? Does putting money into a different HC make a difference in my user experience?

Thank you!

#2 Barologuy

Barologuy

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:03 AM

I'm going to add here that I've read the manuals for the ASIair, ASIair Pro, Celestron CGEM, ZWO ASI 290mm mini, and concluded that frankly while ASIair doesn't explicitly stated support for the V1 CGEM, it seems some people are able to control it via selecting "Nexstar", in mount type as of newer updates, but I'm just curious as to what others experiences have been. My understanding is I'd connect the CMOS to the ASIair, ASIair to my Pegasus PPB and HC.

Edited by Barologuy, 25 September 2020 - 03:03 AM.

#3 highkamp

highkamp

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:45 AM

I use my CGEM v1 with no problems with asiair pro. I just remember to use HC setup with DSL set to "no", do a quick align and im done and its all asiair after that.

#4 highkamp

highkamp

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:45 AM

I use my CGEM v1 with no problems with asiair pro. I just remember to use HC setup with DSL set to "no", do a quick align and im done and its all asiair after that.

#5 highkamp

highkamp

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:46 AM

Sorry. Daylight saving time, not DSL

#6 Barologuy

Barologuy

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:41 PM

Sorry. Daylight saving time, not DSL

So I shouldn't bother with setting the time, and let the ASIair do it?

#7 highkamp

highkamp

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:02 PM

No, what I mean is that when it asks if you are on DST or not answer with "no".  You still have to enter the time portion, etc.  And again, just do a quick align since plate solving later with the AAP will take care of all the alignment stuff.  

#8 Barologuy

Barologuy

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

Got it!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics