•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars - 21st September - C11 XLT and Altair 385c (From Ireland)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WicklowSkies76

WicklowSkies76

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:55 AM

Not as sharp as my 2nd attempt at Mars which I posted here a while back but I think it's related to seeing. My best result was captured around 4:30am a month or so ago when Mars was higher. This was captured around midnight and Mars still had some way to go to reach it's highest point.

It's 6% of 15k frames. I used PIPP to order by quality and crop, then AS3! to analyse and stack, Registax for RGB alignment, wavelets and other cosmetic adjustments. I think I did some noise reduction and some further enhancements then in Lightroom.

Constructive criticism and harsh criticism most welcome as I am eager to learn :) - I feel like I should be getting better out of my equipment. I have a used ADC but I don't use it as I don't trust it, the lower glass element is loose and doesn't really twist when I adjust :(

50381791061_70c56a1db6_o.jpg

• Sunspot, Magellanico, Pete Gorczynski and 5 others like this

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:05 AM

Very nice. Jetstream was strong last night so wouldnt expect the equpiment to be able to perform at its best.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics