•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2021 Okie-Tex

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MikeBOKC

MikeBOKC

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:57 AM

Dates for the 2021 Okie-Tex star party have been set -- October 1-9.  Of course this is contingent on a number of factors including COVID vaccine development and availability. NO registrations will be available until spring.

• Joe F Gafford and darthwyll like this

#2 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

• Loc: Pueblo, CO

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:12 AM

So, no one allowed in unless proof of vaccine taken?

• Augustus likes this

#3 darthwyll

darthwyll

Vostok 1

• Loc: Southeast Texas

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:30 PM

So, no one allowed in unless proof of vaccine taken?

I don't see where they said that in the post. They simply say the event contingent on a few factors. They aren't taking registrations until spring to see how the situation evolves. 

I can't wait! I'll be there as long as it's safe to go! 

#4 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:47 PM

I don't see where they said that in the post. They simply say the event contingent on a few factors. They aren't taking registrations until spring to see how the situation evolves. 

I can't wait! I'll be there as long as it's safe to go! 

Uh, that's why I asked. rolleyes.gif

#5 MikeBOKC

MikeBOKC

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:56 AM

For those awaiting news of the new building at Camp Billy Joe, it has been erected and some club members were up there last week working on interior framing and plumbing installation. There will be other trips up in the next few months to finish out the interior, and the contractor will return in the spring to finish the exterior patio and sidewalk features and to remove the old fireplace from the original building and install a doorway leading to the new building. So the tent will be history! Now if we can just get rid of the virus Okie-Tex will have the best star party facility anywhere!

• Joe F Gafford and t1duplex like this

#6 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:20 PM

You're not going to "get rid" of the virus. You need to decide how to deal with it instead. Many suggestions have been given on this and other forums including limiting attendance, no central gatherings for meals, social distancing, etc.

#7 John Fitzgerald

John Fitzgerald

In Focus

• Loc: ROR Obs. near Pettigrew, Arkansas

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:25 PM

You're not going to "get rid" of the virus. You need to decide how to deal with it instead. Many suggestions have been given on this and other forums including limiting attendance, no central gatherings for meals, social distancing, etc.

I doubt that it will be viable to be held before fall of 22 or 23, unless limited to completely self contained RVs only.

#8 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:44 PM

Using a portable camping potty I can be totally self contained in a tent.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics