•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Err:Camera Status: The Starsense Camera was not detected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hipertec

hipertec

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Inland Empire - Southern California

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

I have a Starsense connected to a CPC925.  Havent used it for about a year and decided to pull it out yesterday. When trying to align the starsense align, it would state "Err:Camera Status: the starsense camera was not detected"  but it is.  I have tried different ports and even a different cable.  It was working before but now its not.  

Any idea how to fix this or what to try to resolve?

#2 platini

platini

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

Same thing happened to me two days ago. Please let me know if you find how to solve. I opened a similar thread yesterdday..

#3 trigger

trigger

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:26 PM

Try taking a cotton swab with some alcohol and gently swap the contacts. Some times the contacts oxidize.

#4 hipertec

hipertec

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Inland Empire - Southern California

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:31 PM

Just tried cleaning the jack and no go. Still does not detect.
Since I haven't used it for about a year.. Then tried it, the Starsense worked but it was off so I tried to align it again. Then it now says on detected.

If I go to starsense menu on the HC, it does AIS status : Rdy
So does it mean the CPC 9.25 does detect thr SS?

Please help if anyone else had this problem or a suggestion of a fix.

Edited by hipertec, 28 September 2020 - 11:38 PM.

#5 robbieg147

robbieg147

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

Hi are you saying when you power up the mount the HC says "Starsense ready press Align" etc. to begin alignment then the error appears when you start the SS alignment? Or does the HC display the "Err camera status" message straight away upon powering up?

If it's the first option then it sounds like the Starsense camera is being picked up at least to start with, with the second option the HC displays the error message and you are locked out of doing anything else.

As you said Starsense was at one time working, I would say this is a cabling problem.

I only once had this error and removing and reconnecting the cables quickly cured it, carefully check the cables and contacts it does not take much to make a bad contact. Also it would not do any harm to do a camera reset, I would also only use the HC until you find the problem.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics