•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How close to get pickoff mirror to cmos sensor in an OAG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lepore

lepore

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Long Island

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:02 PM

Just received a new QHY268c camera and I’m now adjusting the pickoff mirror for the OAG.  I have it set up so that when I take an image you can just see a small shadow on the image should I move the mirror a little more so you can’t see it at all?  What’s the best practice for that?   Also as it stands now I can’t get the loadstar my guiding camera to come to focus it needs to go further down into the OAG focuser will bringing the mirror further up help with that or make it worst?  

thanks

joe 

#2 KNak

KNak

Explorer 1

• Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:44 PM

Neither. You would need to increase the distance between the OAG and the imaging camera with an extension.

I set the prism in the light path as you did (flat will take care of the slight shadowing near the edge).

Edited by KNak, 26 September 2020 - 01:46 PM.

#3 lepore

lepore

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Long Island

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the reply another reason to add a filter wheel to the system.

Joe

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics