This is my first attempt at channel combination for processing the Hubble palette. I am fairly new to CMOS imaging and am enjoying the process and all of the tinkering immensely. I was able to get 20x240s subs in both Ha and SII last weekend. I acquired 20x240s subs in OIII this weekend. 41 darks were also taken. I manually calibrated and registered each channel in Pixinsight. I then used ABE on each channel and then used the multiscale linear transform process with a range mask applied to address noise in each channel using only layers 2,3 and 4. From here I matched a minimal curves transform across all 3 channels. All of these steps were done while the 3 channels were still linear. At this point I performed a masked stretch. From here I exported as a 16bit tiff and did some finishing touches in PS. Local contrast enhancement, increase star color, vibrancy and exposure. All layers were adjusted with 33% opacity. Hopefully on my next target I can get a better workflow and be a little bit more efficient. I spent a lot of time going back and tweaking little things.
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro - Skywatcher 80ED - ZWO ASI 183GT MM Pro. No auto guiding setup yet. That will be my next investment which will allow for longer than 4 minute subs.https://photos.app.g...hbWsGW1fk3QD3S9
Edited by Meloncap78, 27 September 2020 - 06:04 AM.