•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC6992 (Eastern Veil)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meloncap78

Meloncap78

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:46 AM

This is my first attempt at channel combination for processing the Hubble palette. I am fairly new to CMOS imaging and am enjoying the process and all of the tinkering immensely. I was able to get 20x240s subs in both Ha and SII last weekend. I acquired 20x240s subs in OIII this weekend. 41 darks were also taken. I manually calibrated and registered each channel in Pixinsight. I then used ABE on each channel and then used the multiscale linear transform process with a range mask applied to address noise in each channel using only layers 2,3 and 4. From here I matched a minimal curves transform across all 3 channels. All of these steps were done while the 3 channels were still linear. At this point I performed a masked stretch. From here I exported as a 16bit tiff and did some finishing touches in PS. Local contrast enhancement, increase star color, vibrancy and exposure. All layers were adjusted with 33% opacity. Hopefully on my next target I can get a better workflow and be a little bit more efficient. I spent a lot of time going back and tweaking little things.

Equipment used:

Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro - Skywatcher 80ED - ZWO ASI 183GT MM Pro. No auto guiding setup yet. That will be my next investment which will allow for longer than 4 minute subs.

https://photos.app.g...hbWsGW1fk3QD3S9

Edited by Meloncap78, 27 September 2020 - 06:04 AM.

#2 lakeorion

lakeorion

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Orion MI

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:33 PM

Picture isn't coming up for me.

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:18 PM

very nice , very sharp and clear , thanks .

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics