•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

USA Made Binos?

binoculars
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rmbennett30

rmbennett30

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ocala, Florida

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:03 AM

I am looking to get back into this hobby and wanted to start with binoculars.   I am a diehard American and am not wanting to purchase products made overseas.  It seems this Astronomy hobby has almost all of it manufactured overseas.   Does anyone know of Binoculars that are produced in the USA good for Astronomy???  Please let me know as I am fairly new to this hobby and just cant find any USA made not just assembled...  MADE in the USA binos???

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

• Loc: Lancashire UK

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:46 AM

None unfortunately.

I think you may be a few decades late for that, I'm afraid!

#3 range88

range88

Apollo

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Shanghai

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:17 AM

Buy a Sard MK43.

#4 Rich V.

Rich V.

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Lake Tahoe area, Nevada

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

Buy a Sard MK43.

Yes, if you want USA made you need to look at vintage binos.  There are no modern US made options. Good luck.

https://www.cloudyni...rom-the-doctor/

After WWII, Americans were fine with purchasing German and Japanese made binoculars.  The Chinese came much later but now have the majority of the market since most US consumers demand that they pay less for everything they buy. That leaves out US labor in the manufacture of binos for sure.

Rich

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binoculars

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics