•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best Way to connect ZWO ASI224MC to Evo?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hikescdnrckys

Hikescdnrckys

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:56 AM

Hi everyone. I am a long time visual observer with my Celestron Evolution 9.25 but recently fell into the money pit of astrophotography with the purchase of a ZWO ASI224MC Camera. Yes I know the Evo mount is not a great platform for AP (I have an AVX equatorial mount on backorder) but I wanted to at least see if I could use Sharpcap to get some decent shots of the planets.

Followed the ZWO manual and got focused on Jupiter and dropped the camera into my diagonal and had a heck of a time getting focus. I have a Celestron f/6.3 focal reducer attached to the visual back, followed by a Baader Click Lock and then a WO 2" diagonal. I like this method because I can get focus on the planet using an eyepiece and then assumed I could just swap out the eyepiece for the camera and then its off to the races, but not if I can't get the camera focused. 

What is the best way to connect the camera and get focused?

#2 tjay

tjay

Vanguard

• Loc: just outside of Toronto

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:01 AM

I found I needed extension tube to get my ASI224MC to focus. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics