•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Hand Controller & CPWI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rwt

rwt

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Columbia, Tennessee, USA

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:11 AM

I know this has been asked before, but all of the responses I saw were 2 or more years old.  I'm wondering if anything has changed since then.

Currently with my AVX mount, I connect the HC to the PC and use CPWI for star alignment, all slewing and centering of objects.  In other words, after the initial power up, I only hit enter a few times on the HC to get to the start of the alignment stage, then connect CPWI and do virtually everything else from there.  Is there a way to eliminate the HC from the system and just begin with CPWI doing everything?  There are a lot of feet of cable to manage with the HC serial cable and the Serial to USB adapter cable.  It would be nice to be able to simplify the cables going to the mount.

#2 terrypaula

terrypaula

Ranger 4

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:42 AM

The hand control is necessary.

#3 scopewizard

scopewizard

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Alberta, Canada

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:49 AM

The hand control is necessary.

Not if you use a WIFI or if your scope is USB port capable to connect to the mount. I have a CGX and do not need the HC installed.

Edited by scopewizard, 27 September 2020 - 10:49 AM.

• 42itous1 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics