•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thoughts on Crescent Nebula Widefield?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jkozman

jkozman

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 28 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

I've really struggled processing this, so I thought I'd ask for some opinions. This is 7.5 hours with an ZWO 294MC Pro and L-enhance filter in my bortle 5-6 skies. The scope is a William Optics Z73 with field flattener. Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop. I just can't quite get this to look the way I want. It probably just needs more integration time. The wildfire smoke is making that difficult right now. Thanks!

CRESCENT NEBULA

#2 Lead_Weight

Lead_Weight

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Houston

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:31 PM

Looks pretty good to me. You can clearly see the OIII around the crescent. What are you unhappy with?

#3 astrodom

astrodom

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: NY , USA

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Very nice job on the crescent, a very tough target!  Nicely done!

#4 jkozman

jkozman

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:56 PM

Thanks- that's great to hear! I think it doesn't have quite the contrast that I was hoping for. But after looking at a few other images, I'm starting to think this may just be the way that area of sky looks.

#5 gatsbyiv

gatsbyiv

Viking 1

• Loc: Doylestown, PA

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:32 PM

The framing is really nice with the crescent off-center and the nearby nebulosity more to the middle.  

#6 jkozman

jkozman

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

Thanks- I feel like the framing leads the eye from the bottom left to the top right.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics