•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Powering Asiair Pro - Celestron Powertank Lithium LT?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adamsdp

adamsdp

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:42 AM

I have an evolution mount and looking for a way to power an asiair pro and asi533  camera.  Woudl the Celestron Powertank Lithium LT be a good choice?  It looks small enough to strap on the leg of the tripod.

#2 GazingOli

GazingOli

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Stuttgart GERMANY

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:17 PM

you can strap it easily to the leg of a tripod. I am powering my CPC800 with it as you can see here:

20200719_002404kl.jpg

I just do not know how long you will last with the tank. I am using it only for the CPC.

CS.Oli

Edited by GazingOli, 01 October 2020 - 12:19 PM.

#3 adamsdp

adamsdp

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for  sending the picture.  I am only going to use it to power the Asiair Pro and asi533 camera and don't typically observe for more than 2 hours so thinking it will be enough.  It looks like the asi533 uses 22 watts of power while haven't seen definitive information on what the Asiair Pro uses.

#4 GazingOli

GazingOli

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Stuttgart GERMANY

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:11 PM

For two hours no problem as far a I concern.

However be aware that you will need a splitter cable because the power tank has got only one 12 V output. AND I never tried, but it is said that you can either use the 12 V OR the 5 V USB output, but not both at the same time. If you are interested I can test it. I just read it somewhere in one of the forum.

CS.Oli

• adamsdp likes this

#5 adamsdp

adamsdp

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:05 PM

Thank again for the information and I put one on order so can try it out as well.

#6 adamsdp

adamsdp

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

How are you dealing with cable management for you camera?  If I am going to strap the battery to the tripod leg and then power the Asiair Pro which is riding on the scope, I am thinking I will need a long power cable so when the scope slews, I won't run into problems.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics