•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AutoStakkert to Registax. Color lost.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 N2TU

N2TU

Explorer 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:38 PM

A little help please....I am new to this Imaging and Processing. 

Using AutoStakkert  3.0.14 and Registax  6.0

When I get the output from PIPP, the frame shows a color image. (Mars).  (attached).  AutoStakkert 'sees' this color image (attached) and proceeds to stack as a FIT file.  When I open the FITS file with ESA/ ESO/ NASA Liberator 3, the image is monochrome. In addition, Registax shows the image as monochrome, so apparently AutoStakkert is converting the image to monochrome. In AutoStakkert> Color> Auto Detect is checked.

What am I doing wrong? Why does In AutoStakkert convert a color image to a monochrome image?

Been looking at the YouTube videos all day and haven't found an answer...

Help!?

Lou

Attached Thumbnails

• 2020-10-01 16_13_59-PIPP - Output Frame.png
  • Auto Stakkert Frame view.png
  • AS settings-.png

#2 Peregrinatum

Peregrinatum

Surveyor 1

• Loc: South Central Valley, Ca

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:51 PM

In PIPP, did you select the option to protect Bayer pattern, and uncheck Debayer raw images?  it's under the "Input Options" tab

#3 N2TU

N2TU

Explorer 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

Apollo....

OK...I will try that....however currently the output frame of PIPP shows a color image.  It is only after AutoStakkert does 'its thing' does the image turn to monochrome.

Lou

#4 AstroEthan

AstroEthan

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: San Antonio area, TX, U.S.

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:41 PM

What happens if you output to TIF or PNG, and are you sure Liberator isn’t displaying the color image in monochrome?

Also, if you are using PIPP only to debayer, you would be better letting AutoStakkert do it instead.
  • Lacaille likes this

#5 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:54 PM

..."Auto Detect" doesn't always work in AS!3 & you might need to force the Bayer Matrix colour combination - usually rggb. ;)

#6 N2TU

N2TU

Explorer 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:57 AM

Registax and Liberator both show monochrome...so it seems AUTOSTAKKER is doing the conversion from color to  monochrome. ⁷

What happens if you output to TIF or PNG, and are you sure Liberator isn’t displaying the color image in monochrome?

Also, if you are using PIPP only to debayer, you would be better letting AutoStakkert do it instead.

#7 N2TU

N2TU

Explorer 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

Vanguard...

Tried outputting to TIF or PNG and it worked!.....Thanks for the tip!

Regards...

Lou

#8 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Skylab

• Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:02 PM

I don't think AutoStakkert was outtputing to monochrome - I suspect, because you had FITS format, it was outputting to three color planes.  But Registax would only select one at a time, as would FITS LIberator.

With PNG or TIF, the planes aren't kept separate the way they are with FITS, so you see a color image in Registax.

BTW:   If you're using R6, you should really apply the R6.1 patch

And as someone mentioned above, usually there's no need to use PIPP prior to AutoStakkert.

• N2TU likes this

#9 N2TU

N2TU

Explorer 1

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 03 October 2020 - 08:04 AM

Skylab,

That make sense....and I never thought of that. I am using R6.1....

Everyone...thanks for the help!

Lou

I don't think AutoStakkert was outtputing to monochrome - I suspect, because you had FITS format, it was outputting to three color planes.  But Registax would only select one at a time, as would FITS LIberator.

With PNG or TIF, the planes aren't kept separate the way they are with FITS, so you see a color image in Registax.

BTW:   If you're using R6, you should really apply the R6.1 patch

And as someone mentioned above, usually there's no need to use PIPP prior to AutoStakkert.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics