I am looking for a very good quality portable wide field refractor and I seriously need opinions...
- It's got to be fast - f5 or lower (preferably lower)
- It's got to have an imaging circle that will cover a full frame sensor (QHY367)
- Aperture 85mm or less.
- It's got to have a significantly greater FOV than the FSQ106 which I have (and it's going to a remote dark site).
This is what I have been looking at:
1. Tak FSQ 85 possibly with the focal reducer (negatives - price and I will probably feel compelled to upgrade the focuser)
2. Tak 60CB possibly with the focal reducer - (negatives - doublet, not sure I am really considering this)
3. Williams Optics GT 81mm (negatives - not sure there are any?)
4. Borg 55FL f3.6 - (positives - FT focuser, widest FOV here, can't think of any stand out negatives but it's hard to get info on these scopes)
I fully accept this is a mixed bunch. If you think the FSQ is the clear winner, then say so, but tell me what you would pick from the other three if you had to. The FSQ requires several other upgrades (focuser and reducer) making it more than double the price of the others.
Edited by SimonIRE, 03 October 2020 - 12:27 PM.