•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tecnosky 80/480 APO FPL53 Triplet OWL Series - Review

accessories astrophotography CMOS equipment filters imaging observing refractor
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 matthisk

matthisk

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nordrhein-Westfahlen

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:59 PM

The 1x fullframe flattener has a m68 connection. The apo has m63, or? 

best regards

matthias

#27 endless-sky

endless-sky

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Padova, Italy

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:45 AM

The 1x fullframe flattener has a m68 connection. The apo has m63, or? 

best regards

matthias

I just checked:

M63 Focuser.jpg

The whole camera rotator with the twist lock to attach accessories can be removed. Unfortunately, the male thread has an external diameter of slightly less than 63mm, so an M63.

Looks like the 1x full frame flattener linked a few posts ago cannot be attached, since it has a M68 male thread. But they also sell it as a bundle option with the 80mm APO, so I don't know if maybe they give you an adapter or if they have an M63 version of the flattener.

#28 endless-sky

endless-sky

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:58 AM

From TS Optics website:

TS-Optics REFRACTOR 1.0x Flattener full sized Sensors - M68 connection

The connection to the focuser of the telescope:

The TSFlat25Del corrector has an M68x1 ZEISS style thread (male) at the telescope side. Many focusers already have the matching female thread. For other focusers, for example with M63x1 thread connection, we offer the matching conversion adapters.

So, it looks like it can be mounted with an adapter.

They also have this:

TS-Optics REFRACTOR 0.8x corrector for refractors up to 102 mm aperture - ADJUSTABLE

This would be perfect, if I cannot solve the backfocus spacing issues with the current 4 elements 0.8x flattener/reducer. In this way I would have the best of both worlds: an improved flattener that can bolt directly to the focuser and also a 0.8x reducer giving me the field of view and the faster f/4.8 speed that I wanted.

The only drawback is that I would lose the camera rotator. So far, I really love how easy it is to perfectly frame my objects by simply turning the rotator.

But before it comes to changing the flattener/reducer, I really hope I can make my current setup work.

Edited by endlessky, 09 October 2020 - 05:02 AM.

#29 Deeko76

Deeko76

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

Here's the other option, if I went with the telescope + full frame 1x flattener kit:

- 1x full frame flattener

The second one I linked, looks exactly the same as the one you posted above.

If I can't solve the spacing with the current 0.8x flattener/reducer, I could ask the store if I can return it and replace it with the 1x full frame one, paying the difference. However, I really wanted to also reduce the focal length and bring the telescope from f/6 to f/4.8. Both for imaging faster and widening the field of view...

I am looking to buy this flattener for my Technosky 115mm V3 scope but cannot seem to buy it anywhere from the UK. Is this the same one as they will ship to UK: https://www.teleskop...connection.html

ta!

#30 endless-sky

endless-sky

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:38 AM

I am looking to buy this flattener for my Technosky 115mm V3 scope but cannot seem to buy it anywhere from the UK. Is this the same one as they will ship to UK: https://www.teleskop...connection.html

ta!

Tecnoksy and TS Optics sell pretty similar stuff. However, I do not know if the two flatteners are compatible/interchangeable. They look different, too, in shape.

The only advice I can give you is to contact the TS Optics store and ask them directly, explaining to them what type of telescope you have.

Or contact TS Italia Astronomy - see here - using the email under "Consulenza Tecnica" and ask if they can ship to UK.

#31 Deeko76

Deeko76

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:57 AM

I went onto the Tecnosky website and they appear to be able to ship to UK. Also sent an email to TS Optics asking them about their flatteners that might be suitable for my scope. It appears the TS Optics flatteners has an M63 male thread at telescope side, but I need an M68 thread to avoid using an adapter. The one with M69 adapter discussed in this thread is here and can be shipped to UK it seems: https://www.tecnosky...full-frame.html

Has anyone used this flattener before?

D.

#32 Astrolumi

Astrolumi

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:44 PM

I have no experience with this flatteners. But not so long ago I wanted to attach my flattener to my TS apo. The TS website claimed to have a M68 (female) filterthread at the focuser. But indeed when I screwed of the focuser it seems to be something like this M63 male thread.
But when you loose this 3 small sets crews before this red ring like you seen in the photo from endless-sky you could unscrew this ring and there you have the M68 female thread.
Sorry for my not so perfect English writing. I am actually from Belgium 😅
  • Ben the Ignorant likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography, CMOS, equipment, filters, imaging, observing, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics