•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with push to system for dobsonian telescope

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gevin

Gevin

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:53 PM

Ive been researching these push to kits and have come to a dead end deciding which one to buy. I have a zhumell z10. The romer optics ez push to kit it designed to fit zhumell z series but im not sure of the quality of the app it uses. I would really like to install dobson dream 8 as it uses sky safari but not sure how to make it work without drilling a hole through the plastic cap on the bearing to put a bolt in but still not so sure that would work. If anyone has installed dobson dream 8 or dobson dream 4 on any of the z series could you tell me how u made it work. Thanks for any help.

#2 Gevin

Gevin

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:55 AM

I emailed astro gadget and asked about this issue. And they got back to me in a timely matter regarding this issue. 2 hrs. To be exact. Talk about customer service.They pointed me in the right direction. They make a dobson dream 8 deluxe kit that works for the zhumell z series. Figured i would clear this up in case anyone else encountered the same issue

Edited by Gevin, 09 October 2020 - 12:58 AM.

#3 Woj2007

Woj2007

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Poland

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:24 AM

I have the EZ Push To from Romer Optics and I am very happy with this one. The app occasionally crashes when bluetooth connection is lost (eg. I walk away with my phone from the telescope) but starting it again is easy. The encoders are very accurate.

Ive been researching these push to kits and have come to a dead end deciding which one to buy. I have a zhumell z10. The romer optics ez push to kit it designed to fit zhumell z series but im not sure of the quality of the app it uses. I would really like to install dobson dream 8 as it uses sky safari but not sure how to make it work without drilling a hole through the plastic cap on the bearing to put a bolt in but still not so sure that would work. If anyone has installed dobson dream 8 or dobson dream 4 on any of the z series could you tell me how u made it work. Thanks for any help.

#4 humma kavula

humma kavula

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: cape coral florida

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:20 PM

do they make a kit for the orion xt8 plus?

#5 Gevin

Gevin

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 October 2020 - 03:07 AM

do they make a kit for the orion xt8 plus?

Romer optics or dobson dream?

#6 humma kavula

humma kavula

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

either one. wait, so how does a push to system work? its not like a goto is it?

#7 junomike

junomike

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:33 AM

either one. wait, so how does a push to system work? its not like a goto is it?

Push-To shows you were to point the telescope in order to find things.

Goto, moves the telescope to the object in question.

I have both and use/like both but the Goto is better for tracking (obviously) whereas.  Some find the Push-To simpler but that

hasn't been my experience.

#8 TiSaph

TiSaph

Messenger

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

I can't recommend Nexus DSC enough. It's costs a bit more but is very high end. It works with basically all apps and has its own interface instead if you need it. The encoders are extremely good and reliable and the customer service is VIP level.
  • Bill Jensen likes this

#9 humma kavula

humma kavula

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 25 October 2020 - 10:11 AM

so with a push to system im physically pushing the ota? or the motors are guiding? forgive my ignorance. i understand goto.thats all i've ever owned. 

#10 GeoNole94

GeoNole94

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Bath, NC

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:23 PM

Correct, no motors, you move the scope by hand as indicated by the tracking system prompts.

#11 humma kavula

humma kavula

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

ahhh ok got it!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics