I would quibble with the new cell being worth it, as it does not have side supports.
I have that cell--it's an aluminum plate with 6 supports that are meant to be siliconed in place.
Having tried it on mine, 12.5" and 1.625" thickness, I found it induced astigmatism when I tipped the scope at an angle. It may be possible to get this to work without side supports if you are careful with the initial siliconing, but I have found the Mk2 (thanks!) wooden cell with 6 side support does a better job.
When I got my primary re-coated I looked for advice on the reinstall here on CN. The advice I got was to suspend the primary over mirror supports a little while the silicone cured. That way the metal supports would not be in direct contact with the primary.
But that did not work so well for me. It is difficult to find a way to support the primary so that a gap remains between the supports and mirror. So I think I may have induced some astigmatism there--once the silicone cured, removing those supports induced some small forces.
So, it may be better to place the primary directly on the supports while the silicone cures without anything inducing any deformation to the primary. But keep in mind that if you need to get those supports off later, it can be VERY difficult.
Maybe the newer cell will work with the full thickness mirrors as it will be less likely to warp. In any case, I'd be trying the original cell before considering upgrades or tinkering (extra side supports might be installed).