•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Did you (U.S. resident) get a commercial invoice from NexDome?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:00 PM

My NexDome is stuck at U.S. Customs because NexDome didn't include a commercial invoice in the FedEx package.

Is this standard and they don't ever issue them and I have to create my own invoice?

Or did they just miss including it for me and I should be able to get one from them?

Edited by deonb, 13 October 2020 - 04:35 PM.

#2 mich_al

mich_al

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rural central lower Michigan Yellow Skies

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:27 PM

Don't know but I'd recommend not publishing plans to commit fraud on the federal govt unless you have freinds in very high places.

#3 Maritime

Maritime

Mariner 2

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:31 PM

Or, low places as it were....

Indeed, evasion of customs duties is a spanking offense. 

#4 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:33 PM

Don't know but I'd recommend not publishing plans to commit fraud on the federal govt unless you have freinds in very high places.

No intention of committing fraud. It would be "fake" in that it wouldn't be coming from NexDome. But FedEx says they're ok with that. I won't sign anything on behalf of NexDome of course.

#5 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

Or, low places as it were....

Indeed, evasion of customs duties is a spanking offense. 

No intentions whatsoever to avoid duties. This is about getting a form. (Which will accurately state to the cent, how much the observatory costs).

#6 huntersilver

huntersilver

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Vacaville, CA

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:03 PM

Got mine from Fedex yesterday.  Took about 4 days to get here from B.C., no problems.  I know it was in customs for a day.

#7 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:46 AM

Got mine from Fedex yesterday.  Took about 4 days to get here from B.C., no problems.  I know it was in customs for a day.

Did you get a commercial invoice (stating number and type of packages etc.) or just a standard invoice?

#8 John O'Grady

John O'Grady

Viking 1

• Loc: Waterloo, ON CAN

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:23 AM

Contact NexDome, they'll have an electronic copy of the commercial invoice and can send a copy directly to customs.

I have had this happen (a little too often) with items shipped from work headed cross border to the U.S. and in each case the mistake was a result of the paperwork getting lost during transit.

Even had this happen with a shipment coming from the  U.S. to Canada.  In every case it's been easily resolved by getting the shipper to send a copy of the commercial invoice to customs.

Good luck - John

#9 gundark

gundark

Viking 1

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:09 AM

I had to sign a form to get mine out of customs. After that, I received my dome a few days later. 

#10 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:16 AM

I have since received my observatory. They actually just issue a normal invoice, not a commercial invoice. That's fine - FedEx just lost the first one.

• tjay and Benschop like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics