•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

10” LX200 error code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Able 12 ISONS

Able 12 ISONS

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:28 PM

I have a 10 inch LX 200 ACF GPS. Approximately three years ago I purchased and installed a new motherboard from mead for the telescope. It worked perfectly, I have other telescope so I do not use the 10 inch that often Approximately 25 or 30 times after installing the new motherboard. Two weeks ago I set up the telescope in the backyard and it would not align. I went through the Set up procedure A couple of times Every time I reach the daylight savings time setting telescope will freeze. I tried bypassing the daylight saving time setting and it still froze. I tried using a brand new hand box not the problem. The error message on my hand box reads ( PROC. 2. TARP ) any ideas? thank you in Advance.                 

Edited by Able 12 ISONS, 17 October 2020 - 07:38 PM.

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Soyuz

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:36 PM

Gday Able 12 ISONS

"Proc Trap2" occurs when the CPU reads a command that it cannot interpret.

If it is happening at the same spot every time, it sounds like you may have corrupted firmware.

This might just be slow/local "bit rot" or it might be the start of something more terminal.

In that case, you will probably need to try reloading the firmware first.

If you do, i suggest using the freeware StarPatch loader

http://www.stargps.ca/downloads.htm

as it has better logging and error trapping.

If that shows errors trying to erase or write, then its more likely the board is dying.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

• Able 12 ISONS likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics