•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mount/Ascom problems

astrophotography mount tripod star party
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Celestial awe

Celestial awe

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:52 PM

I am desperate for help. I have a Eq6 pro and it was working great with Ascom until one night it is suddenly completely off sync. It parked perfectly again but when I tried slewing to an object it just slewed to the wrong side of the meridian. I used Stellarium and Cartes deu Ceil  and finally concluded it must be Ascom. I can log onto the computer as a different user and it works perfectly but on my observatory account it simply will now work. I tried uninstalling and installing the Ascom platform. It seems the settings are always automatically restored. Is there a file is is storing somewhere to keep these settings to do a complete uninstall and totally reenter the settings. I checked everything I know : Hemisphere coordinates etc. and everything is good. Any one have this problem? It happened once before to me.

#2 joeytroy

joeytroy

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Belen, NM, USA

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:08 PM

Assuming your on a windows PC

1. Right click the icon and find the location C:\program files\something\ascom

2. Uninstall app

3. Turn on hidden files from file explorer

4. Swing over to c:\program data\something\ascom and delete the something folder

5. Reinstall the app

Assuming the application is programmed properly it should clear all settings for the app.

• Celestial awe likes this

#3 Celestial awe

Celestial awe

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:50 PM

Thank you. I will try this and see if it works

• joeytroy likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, mount, tripod, star party

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics