•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SW star adventurer VS SW eq5+dual motor w/ auto guiding interface

astrophotography mount dslr
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yorandw

yorandw

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:32 PM

hey everyone,

For over a year now my astrophotography setup consists of a WO redcat 51 + canon 550D + zwo 250mm guid scope and 120MM mini Guid camera. this is mounted to my skywatcher eq5 mount with dual axis motor drive with auto guiding interface. This works perfect as it is, But is is quite a big and heavy mount to put out. so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to sell this mount and replace it with the skywatcher star adventurer. I know that te SA can handle the redcat 51and that is capable of auto guiding. the reason I would like to switch is the fact that it is light and small so I can take it with me easily if I want to and I can set it up in less than 5min.

my understanding is that the eq5 + dual motor drive mount I own is the same as the SW SA but just bigger with more weight capacity. while I'm not planing on buying a bigger scope the SW SA seems to be a great choice.

But I'm not quite sure yet. It would be nice to hear some thoughts on this topic.

thanks in advance.

Edited by yorandw, 19 October 2020 - 01:34 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, mount, dslr

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics