•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD2 calibration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Myakka River

Myakka River

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:11 PM

I have been using PHD for many years with different equipment. I have had very few issues with it and I really enjoy the simplicity of the program. There is one thing I have never been able to make work. No matter what I change I cannot make PHD calibrate without using the guide camera to mount connection. I know it should work without this connection but no matter how I change the settings I cannot get PHD to move the mount unless I use the "On Camera" setting for the Mount in the Connect Equipment window. I have an Astro Physics 1600GTO and a Mountain Instruments MI250 with a Gemini 2. I use TheSkyX to control both of these. I have tried selecting the ASCOM driver for TheSky, and also tried selecting the mounts with their native drivers but neither works. Does anybody have any ideas how to make this work?

#2 nganga

nganga

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:22 PM

PHD2 calibrates Mach1 via ASCOM with no problems.

Try to confirm how PHD2 needs to communicate with your guide camera.

Clem

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:47 PM

What control box version are you using with your 1600GTO? CP4 or something else? (It probably is unrelated to the issue)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics