•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Review (article and video) of APM CENTER MOUNT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Binomania.it

Binomania.it

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Italy

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:28 AM

Hi from Italy. I've published a short review regarding the APM CENTER MOUNT.

In my opinion this mount has many positive sides, especially because in recent years I have used many mounts for binoculars

We have used an APM 100 SD with Berlebach Tripod. 

If you want, please use google translate, there's also a menu of translate on binomania on the left column.

Regarding the YouTube video...Enable subtitles on the video, in the original language of the video. To translate, click on the gear icon at the bottom right of the player, and click on the items "Subtitles"- "Automatic translation".

https://www.binomani...m-center-mount/

Clear Skies

Piergiovanni

• ArsMachina likes this

#2 ArsMachina

ArsMachina

Apollo

• Loc: Germany

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:45 AM

Hi Piergiovanni,

not only Kowa and Docter did provide center mounts, the Fujinon 150 also came with a center mount :-)

Fujinon-Fernglas-LB-40x150-ED-SX.jpg

I am a big fan of center mounts, but to work properly the axis needs to be in the center of gravity of the instrument.

In most cases this is impossible because of the construction of the binoculars.

To get it at least close to the center of gravity very thin axis are used, with all their drawbacks...

When I look at your pictures and video I think here also the axis is somewhat below the center of gravity.

To make it perfect, the center mount should be part of the binocular construction itself.

Jochen

Edited by ArsMachina, 20 October 2020 - 06:46 AM.

• Sergey Stern and Stellarfire like this

#3 Binomania.it

Binomania.it

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Italy

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:56 AM

Hi Piergiovanni,

not only Kowa and Docter did provide center mounts, the Fujinon 150 also came with a center mount :-)

Fujinon-Fernglas-LB-40x150-ED-SX.jpg

I am a big fan of center mounts, but to work properly the axis needs to be in the center of gravity of the instrument.

In most cases this is impossible because of the construction of the binoculars.

To get it at least close to the center of gravity very thin axis are used, with all their drawbacks...

When I look at your pictures and video I think here also the axis is somewhat below the center of gravity.

To make it perfect, the center mount should be part of the binocular construction itself.

Jochen

Hi Jochen, you are right.I hadn't really thought about the Fujinon, due to the high purchase price.grin.gif  You did well to point this out. Now I have entered the reference. Obviously there will also be some other center mount out there .. Ciao!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics