•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Running a Lodestar x2c from a Raspberry pi computer?

imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dabateman

dabateman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bethesda, MD

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:06 AM

I haven't been able to find an answer to this and it might be just due to the software I am using. But has anyone gotten a Lodestar x2c to run from a Raspberry pi 4B computer, and if so what software are you using?

I have only used Starlight live and the LodestarC programs. Both under Windows. I tried running either using Wine and it didn't work on the Debian flavor that the pi uses. 

I got a version of Windows 10 fully running on the pi, but the drivers for the programs seemed to crash. I still might try copying and pasting working files from a working Windows 10 installed computer. 

I like these software packages as the X2C has an unusual CMYG Bayer pattern and these decode it best. I haven't figured out how to write a program that could do similar, but I guess it might be possible in ImageJ.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

David

Edited by dabateman, 20 October 2020 - 07:08 AM.

#2 lambermo

lambermo

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: .nl

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:36 PM

Lodestar from SX and many other cameras on a PI work fine if you use the INDI (see https://indilib.org/ ) drivers with the PI running Raspbian OS (or probably any other linux distro for the PI).

#3 dabateman

dabateman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bethesda, MD

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

I know about Astroberry. But it has its own software, PHD and Kstars. But this doesn't play well with the CMYG sensor on the X2C camera.

Finding or writing something to work with that seems hard. Although DSS will sometimes work depending on the settings.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics