•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI 294 MC Pro settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vcouleh

vcouleh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:39 AM

I have the zwo 294 MC - when processing in Pix Insight the images are coming out monochrome not color - I think I have a settings issue any ideas?

Thanks

#2 skatsikas

skatsikas

Explorer 1

• Loc: Louisville, KY, USA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:24 AM

Are you stacking in DSS? There is a raw/FITS settings button on the bottom left.  Make sure you make Bayering to RGGB.  I had this same issue until I fixed that.

Steve

• vcouleh likes this

#3 jdavis40

jdavis40

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Viera, FL

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:25 AM

You need to Debayer for the images to be in color.  There are some really good tutorials out there for PixInsight that helped me tremendously.  I watched YouTube videos from Mitch called "PixInsight total beginners tutorial".  It's a 12 part series.  I went through it and learned a lot.

The other one that is excellent is by Light Vortex Astronomy.  The tutorials there cover everything from start to finish.

I think the easiest way to get started is to use the WeightedBatchPreprocessing script.  As long as you check the CFA images checkbox, it will automagically run the Debayering process.

I recently bought the book "Inside PixInsight" that also seems very good, but I haven't finished working my way through it yet.

I have the same camera, and I've been really pleased with the results.  Enjoy!

-John

• vcouleh likes this

#4 vcouleh

vcouleh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:29 AM

Thanks all I will give it a shot

#5 vcouleh

vcouleh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:19 PM

Thank you all for the help it works fine now - much appreciated!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics