•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

HoTech 2" SCA Field Flattener

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deathtical

deathtical

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:30 AM

Hello guys and gals,

I have just recently started trying to automate my astrophotography using APT, Stellarium, PlateSolve2, ASCOM, etc. Anyway, I have HoTech 2" SCA Field Flattener which I love. In many of the apps I am using it wants me to provide details like telescope diameter, focal length, if using a flattener or reducer, etc. I know the documentation for the HoTech 2" SCA Field Flattener says it is a zero reducer, but I'm not sure I agree with that. The reason is, if I connect my DSLR directly to my telescope, I have to bring the focuser back to around 8/8.5, but when I use the flattener, I only have to bring the focuser to about 4/4.5. Wouldn't that indicate that it is also reducing? I have seen that a lot of people here are also using it and was just wondering if you have noticed the same thing or if you can explain this observation.

Thanks in advance

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics