•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 7000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wsbrown

wsbrown

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Baxley, GA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:21 AM

I had limited time for clear skies last night so I chose a brighter target that was directly overhead. I actually had to wait a few minutes for it to cross the meridian so I wouldnt have to flip.

Full res and details:

https://www.astrobin...nifokz/?nc=user

Attached Thumbnails

• A8AB5969-D136-4EFC-8DDC-643EAE7D4A57.jpeg

• Starman27, Steve OK, havasman and 7 others like this

#2 the Elf

the Elf

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Germany

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:21 PM

Nice. Well done. Most mounts can be convinced to work on the wrong side. Often you have 1 hour or more before and after the flip, sometimes a lot more. Most likely you don't have to wait until the object crosses the meridian but can start on the "wrong" side.

Edited by the Elf, 20 October 2020 - 02:22 PM.

• wsbrown likes this

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

very nice colors , very nice , thanks .

#4 wsbrown

wsbrown

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Baxley, GA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

Nice. Well done. Most mounts can be convinced to work on the wrong side. Often you have 1 hour or more before and after the flip, sometimes a lot more. Most likely you don't have to wait until the object crosses the meridian but can start on the "wrong" side.

Agreed, the fairly small footprint of the AT92 on risers coupled with my mount being on a pier extension gives me plenty of room. Im just OCD and want to be able to set it and forget it for at least a few hours. 

#5 Steve OK

Steve OK

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: OKC, OK

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:40 PM

Beautiful.  The AT92 has the perfect focal length for that field.  The detail is great.

Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics