•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CEM25 Right Angle Polar Scope Viewer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rlillard

rlillard

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ & SF Bay, CA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

Although I am annoyed by a small number of design short-comings found in my CEM25-EC, overall I do like it.

The upcoming meteor shower highlights on of those annoyances. I would like to take the mount, a DSLR camera and scope  to a dark site without dragging along a laptop.  My current polar method involves using the Polemaster.  I intend to acquire an iPolar, but it too requires a computer.  I would like to have a right angle alignment viewer since I'm too fat and old to stand on my head to do a manual polar alignment.

I have a right angle viewer with my Mach1gto that sometimes use when I don't need a precise polar alignment.  I would like a similar option for the CEM25.

I'm wondering if someone has designed and 3D printed something.

Thanks

Raymond

#2 ShortLobster

ShortLobster

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stamford, CT, USA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:21 AM

Happened to see this on Dark Frame's website, and it mentions something about an adapter for the CEM25:

https://www.darkfram...gled-polarscope

#3 rlillard

rlillard

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ & SF Bay, CA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

Thank you.  I'll contact them. Importing can be fun.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics