•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unmounted Edmund RKE 15mm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Daniel

Steve Daniel

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Boerne, TX, USA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:23 PM

I'm looking to get a complete set of Edmund RKEs, and I see that all but the 15mm are sold "mounted" (aka in a 1.25" tube).  The 15mm is only sold unmounted apparently.  Anyone here have any idea what would be entailed in DIY mounting of a 15?  Would the 15 fit the same tube from another RKE of different FL?  How hard could it be lol.gif

#2 Thomas_M44

Thomas_M44

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Modesto, CA USA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 10:33 PM

I'm in essentially the same boat.

I  obtained a complete set of new RKE's from Edmund Optics about 6 months ago --except the 15mm.

The mounted 15mm RKE was out of stock then, and has remained out of stock since.

I'm not sure Edmund is going to actually make any more complete 15mm RKE's...???

Something I've been considering, is asking Gary Russell (Russell Optics) if he'd be willing to build for me a 15mm RKE eyepiece if I had Edmund ship him an unmounted lens set.  Not sure if he'd be willing, nor how much such a job might cost. I may inquire soon.

Edited by Thomas_M44, 20 October 2020 - 10:34 PM.

#3 george tatsis

george tatsis

Apollo

• Loc: Flushing, NY

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:38 PM

Try using barrels from eyepieces you don't use anymore. My 37 year old RKE 8mm has the chrome barrel of an  eyepiece I hardly used at the time.

George

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics