•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oberwork Bino Mount

binoculars
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Snoringbear

Snoringbear

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Albuquerque,NM

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:08 PM

Hello I currently have a Twilight I mount that I'm not using and  have a pair of Oberwerk 20 X 80 binoculars in need of a stable mount. What I am wanting to know does anyone have a Twlight I modification that will let me use this mount with my binoculars.

#2 ButterFly

ButterFly

Apollo

Posted 20 October 2020 - 10:19 PM

You need something like this: ClickSnap Flip Bracket Right Angle Bracket Adapter

A trip to Home Depot will probably suffice.  A dovetail needs to go on the mount, which can accept some kind of screw.  1/4-20 holes on dovetails are common.  The bracket would go between the bino adapter and the dovetail.  You are probably better off making you own so that you can put two screws on the dovetail to avoid rotation.  Look for a dovetail that can accept two screws.

• Snoringbear likes this

#3 Rich V.

Rich V.

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Lake Tahoe area, Nevada

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:11 AM

Do you plan on seated viewing with the Twilight?  Make sure you can find a way to sit and view comfortably because the tripod isn't tall enough to stand.  You'll have to work around the tripod legs or get a taller tripod.  Just checking.

Rich

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binoculars

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics