•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars with Tak Mewlon 180c (Oct 21, 2020)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TerryWood

TerryWood

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:44 AM

This was captured a little after midnight with Mars at an elevation of 54 degrees. I used a Takahashi Mewlon 180c, QHY462c camera on a Tak EM-1S mount. 

The seeing was average-to-good. Temps in the low 60s, humidity in the mid 70s, with mostly clear skies, and below average transparency and calm winds.

I captured almost 60,000 frames and stacked 3,179 for the final image. I upscaled it by 150% to provide a better view, then cropped it and converted to PNG for posting. 

Processed in Autostakkert and Registax.

Thanks for having a gander.

V/R

Terry

Attached Thumbnails

• Mars Mewlon 180c png.png

• Magellanico, Deven Matlick, ArekP and 11 others like this

#2 rkinnett

rkinnett

Viking 1

• Loc: La Crescenta, CA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:58 AM

Newton Crater really pops, just south of center.  Also there's Elysium Mons rolling into view on the NW limb.  Glad you got the Mewlon out :)

• TerryWood likes this

#3 TerryWood

TerryWood

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:31 AM

Thanks Ryan! It's a little fuzzier than I would like, but I felt I needed to enlarge it in order to see it better. Not too bad viewing on the Ipad, but on my computer the image looks too big. 

It was a beautiful view in the eyepiece! One of the best I've had this year. I hope tomorrow night plays out the way it's forecasted to with good seeing and clear skies. The Mewlon will be back in action!

V/R

Terry

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics