•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Q on OSC + L integration

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jinux

Jinux

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

I'm lazy bum who doesn't belong to AP "Imaging & Processing" especially the latter, and usually live with OSC live stack without calibration and zero processing but stretching & leveling. 

I heard OSC integrated with L from mono camera can enhance picture greatly and I'd like to try that.

As a lazy bum, I'd like to take two pictures at the same time with two different scope/camera, and process once and done.

The best would be matching them the same but I don't have a way to do it, so here it goes the question. "Which of OSC vs L has to be better resolution for best result?"

I have

C11 that can image at F10/F6.3/F4 (F=2800/1780/1120)

AT80 F6 (F=480) with FF

With OSC camera with pixel size of  2.4um (1"), 3.8um(1") and 7.6um(APS-C) all cooled and possibly can go uncooled 1.6um/1.2um with small sensor with Pi-camera. And going to borrow mono camera with pixel size of 3.8um (4/3) for this trial.

My setup is mostly C11+AT80 where AT80 as guider or vice versa depending on target size, and with this dual capture setup I plan to use OAG on AT80.

Due to the focal length difference, I can't even closely match with imaging resolution between two scope/camera. So, in my simple mind I have to choose one has wide field with small pixel and smaller field with larger pixel. But considering the effect of L on image, it might work better if I use finer resolution on L rather than OSC. 

What do you think? Let me hear your opinions and thanks in advance!

-Jinux

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics