•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO Filter Wheel Issue Assistance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaos  Happy Birthday!

Kaos

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: VA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:55 PM

I have a curious issue that has me scratching my head. I upgraded a while back from the 5 position ZWO EFW to the 8 EFW. It has been working flawlessly until... I have two projects ongoing currently and I generally like to stack the lum subs as I progress so I can tell how much more data I need. A couple of days ago I decided to stack and went ahead and did some flats with my flat panel. I had to run the Wizard in SGP to get new exposure times. I noticed that I had a shadow in the lower left corner of the L flats that looks like a shadow as in the wheel not being centered on the L hole. I changed the filters in SGP and took some test shots with all of the other filters (6 of them total not counting the Lum)) and all aligned except the L (#1 position). The issue was not present a few nights ago when working on the project. I do not have a filter in the #1 position (Lum) as I use the IDAS D1 LPS on the front of my camera nose as my Lum (due to shadow issues being caused with the 1.25" AD Lum filter). I ultimately had to remap the Lum to the #8 position of the EFW in SGP which aligns correctly as a work around. I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue (i.e. misaligned position) and to how to fix it once my projects are complete and I can break the thing down. Yes I did try to recalibrate the #1 position. All other EFW position 2-8 align correctly after remapping in SGP. Remapping did nothing to fix the alignment issue of #1.

Thanks

Kaos

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics