•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I really love how it turned out but... how I rid of the green vignetting?

astrophotography beginner dslr dso imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xander50

Xander50

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:36 AM

Hey guys!

last night, I shot the Sadir region and I really like how it turned out in just 15 min of exposure time! (I had no chance of taking more subs due to clouds rolling in.)

So i was editing in Gimp and then I noticed this green vignetting that just won't go away!

I have this a lot in pictures shot with my Svbony UHC. (I used that one here too.)

Does anyone know how to remove it?

Kind regards!

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#2 Boeglewatcher

Boeglewatcher

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Regensburg, Germany

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:51 AM

I use Nebulosity (not Gimp) and synthetic flattening helps me a lot. I assume there is a similar functionality in Gimp.

#3 the Elf

the Elf

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Germany

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:18 AM

Did you take proper flats? I recommend to use a real flat filed like Spike-a-flat or Aurora and no trace pads, laptop screens, t-shirts etc. That should remove any vignetting during pre processing.

• sharkmelley and Boeglewatcher like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner, dslr, dso, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics