•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

FUJINON TS-X 1440

binoculars equipment
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 demorcef

demorcef

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago, IL USA

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:29 AM

Hello,

Does anyone out there own the new FUJINON TS-X 1440 image stabilized binoculars? I am looking for some reviews based on personal use and knowledge. I'm reading great things about these, and am close to pulling the trigger on buying a pair from Land Sea Sky Co. Waterproof, floats, 6 degrees of IS, etc.

Relevant Web Links:

https://www.landseas...binoculars.html

https://www.fujifilm...x.html#ts-x1440

Thanks!

#2 Cali

Cali

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bay Area

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

Can you tell us what other binoculars you own and your experience with them?

Thx.

- Cal

#3 demorcef

demorcef

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:01 AM

I only have experience with inexpensive retail binoculars (Bushnell etc). Certainly no experience with IS products. For Telescopes I am the owner of a fine Takahashi FC-76DCU. I have been looking at the Canon IS lineup but then I found these excellent sounding Fujinons.

#4 DeanD

DeanD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: South Australia

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

I have used the Fuji's and Canon's (not all models though!). A friend bought the Fuji's after some research which suggested the Canon's have a tendency to "hunt" a bit. In my experience both brands offer excellent binos, but I did notice though my own observation what was meant about the Canon's.

The Fuji's were sharp with excellent IS correction. To paraphrase a movie from many years ago about Volvos: "(Fuji's), they are ugly but they are good".  ;)

All the best,

Dean

• demorcef likes this

#5 demorcef

demorcef

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:07 PM

That sounds good and matches what I have heard about the Fujinons. The updated model I am considering looks more like the Canons. The old model definitely was clunky looking!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binoculars, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics