•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

APM 20x80 ED with CF

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anders Asp

Anders Asp

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eskilstuna, Sweden

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:52 AM

Hi all !

Just saw this on APMs site, 20x80 ED with central focusing for 253 euro or 300 us $, anyone got some experience with this binoculars and wanna share some info/review?

They seems to be pretty cheap i think IF they r good in quality. Most of the times you get what you pay for so maby better to go for the APM MS ED apo series, they r known to be quite nice binoculars what i have heard.

/ Anders

#2 grzesznypl

grzesznypl

Viking 1

• Loc: Jackson Heights, NY ... for now

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:06 AM

Saw it few days ago as well. There is mistake in description of the item as picture and description do not match. As far as I know APM 20x80 do not come with CF, not to mention they will cost twice more even on sale. Binos on the picture are one of those TS-binos, methinks.

#3 Rich V.

Rich V.

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Lake Tahoe area, Nevada

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:24 AM

It's been listed on APM's site for a while now.  It's a lower priced lightweight bino that appears to be the same as the Orion's Giantview ED offering, not at all related to the MS ED binos.

https://www.apm-tele...od-adapter.html

https://www.telescop...60/p/130269.uts

https://www.cloudyni...july-31st-2019/

Rich

Edited by Rich V., 22 October 2020 - 12:03 PM.

• Pinac and ihf like this

#4 Anders Asp

Anders Asp

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eskilstuna, Sweden

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:55 PM

Thx all for your answers , as it sounds from what Markus said about the binoculars I will absolutely not even think of buying a pair of this binos.

I will look in to the APMs MS ED apo series for grab and go binos , maby the 20x70 or 16x70, a safer way to go i guess.

This is what makes this forum so great, all of guys here =) helping out always, thx again for the useful info and have a nice day all. / Anders

#5 grzesznypl

grzesznypl

Viking 1

• Loc: Jackson Heights, NY ... for now

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Having myself APM 10x50 MS ED, and looking into 20x80 few times, highly recommend APM MS ED series. There is however a small problem with those binos. Once you use them its hard to get back to something cheaper. That caused chain reaction to replace my other smaller binos with something better tongue2.gif

• ihf likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics