•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My saved tiff files in Photoshop CC are not workiing

imaging/sketching contest astrophotography art accessories imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nathanet

Nathanet

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:16 PM

I was trying to use starnett but I noticed when I save a tiff file from photoshop CC it ends up looking like this.  Does anyone have any idea of whats going on.  I can open it back up and its back to the regular photo only in photoshop but, the thumbnail, save image, and opening it up in other programs it looks like this.  I hope this is the right forum as I didn't find any with software or processing specific topics.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.jpg

#2 meegja

meegja

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

Ah yes, I've seen this also with DeepSkyStacker. The TIFF files were expected to be saved in strips but this wasn't happening and the behavior was exactly the same as you describe.
I don't know Starnet but check in the settings if there are TIFF settings? Also, it can make a difference with some programs if 32 of 16 bit TIFF files are used.

Edited by meegja, 24 October 2020 - 11:08 PM.

#3 LCWASTRO

LCWASTRO

Viking 1

• Loc: Columbus, Ohio United States

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:03 AM

At first i thought it was a lunar crater!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imaging/sketching contest, astrophotography, art, accessories, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics