•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Issue connecting celestron focus motor using SGP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nthoward41

nthoward41

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:08 AM

I am fairly new to SGP so I was attempting to get everything setup the other night for the first time. I am running on a win10 laptop. Everything connected well (amount (CGX-L), Camera (071mc pro), and powerbox but I had issues with the celestron focus motor. At first it appeared connected but when I tried to ask it to move, SGP hung up and I had to force the program to close. After that point it would not connect to the focus motor (or even appear to). If I hit the settings button it would just pop up a message saying something to the effect that celestron focus motor is connected - but SGP did not register it as connected. I then decided to downloaded the newest celestron focus motor ASCOM driver and retried. This time when I attempted to connect, I got an error message from SGP they said “Celestron focus motor driver is a relative position focuser. Sequence generator pro currently only supports absolute position focusers.” I have read that people are using the celestron focus motor with SGP so I am not sure What the issue is. Everything with the motorized focuser works well if I use the celestron utility. I am open to any suggestions of what to try so any help would be appreciated.  

For those using the celestron focus motor with SGP, what driver are you using?

#2 alfunk

alfunk

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:36 AM

Mine describes it as “celestron usb focuser”

Try testing with the Celestron focuser utility then try SGP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics