•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Optolong L-Pro broadband L-P filter experiences

filters
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nightfall S Africa

Nightfall S Africa

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

Have any of you been using the Optolong L-Pro Light Pollution Broadband Filter for nebular imaging? I'd like to see more images of how it handles HI emission nebulae compared with a pure HI filter. Could you post some of your images on this thread?

#2 sn2006gy

sn2006gy

Apollo

• ****-
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:54 PM

If i were to image emission nebula, i'd get an l-extreme. The LPRO does a a fine job, but it's designed more around broadband targets. I typically run my lpro at 0 gain and still semi-short exposures to not blow out star cores and to keep dynamic range while the l-extreme can do 5+ minutes and really capture faint details.

• Jim Waters likes this

#3 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Aurora

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 25 October 2020 - 10:21 PM

I don't get out to my dark site as much as I would like so I started imaging with my L-eNhance filter.  I would like more natural star colors so I was thinking about giving my L-Pro a try and doing careful processing with PixInsight.  My backyard is Bortle 8.  Is this worth trying?

Edited by Jim Waters, 25 October 2020 - 10:23 PM.

#4 Zebenelgenubi

Zebenelgenubi

Messenger

• Loc: Texas, USA

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:03 PM

I don't get out to my dark site as much as I would like so I started imaging with my L-eNhance filter.  I would like more natural star colors so I was thinking about giving my L-Pro a try and doing careful processing with PixInsight.  My backyard is Bortle 8.  Is this worth trying?

Yes

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: filters

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics