•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can't control NexDome shutter properly with ASCOM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle

Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:44 PM

I'm having a problem with my NexDome shutter. If I don't have any software running I can use the manual controls to control the shutter just fine.

The moment I connect to the Dome Rotator using ASCOM, the behavior change - it can move for about 6" then stop. If I disconnect ASCOM, the manual buttons work fine again. It's as if the software sends a "reset" command to the shutter every few seconds.

More than that - it has the same behavior inside the ASCOM software itself. It will move for a few seconds, then stop.

Finally, both the close and open button in the ASCOM server just "opens" the shutter (by 6"). Neither button will actually close it. The manual close button still closes (by 6" at a time).

Any ideas?

#2 deonb

deonb

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

I manually set the position in a putty command prompt with @PWS and now it works.

Strange that it would be needed, but ok.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics