•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who has an Edge HD in the SF Bay Area?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CoHPhasor

CoHPhasor

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

Hi, I have an 11" Edge HD and live in the SF Bay Area.

I use mine to do planetary AP.
The scope was bought ~4yrs ago and I did some sessions in the 1st season, then had to move to a terrible location, started a new job, and lost all time.

I moved back to my good location recently and started back up.

I never had things tuned in, and didn't get all the tools I should have.
(Polemaster, Bahtinov, etc)
I'm now gearing up and trying to tune it all up.

Why am I here?
No matter how close I think I am, I never seem to get the images I think I should and I need to see from someone else's OTA to compare.
I had no experience with larger scopes, and I had seen through a few at Chabot, but I didn't get to play with their gear. lol.gif

So, who has an 11" Edge HD or maybe just a 9.25" in the bay area that I can come look through and maybe we can attach my asi 224mc to?
(I'd likely bring mine too so we can see what I'm doing horribly wrong.)

#2 Umasscrew39

Umasscrew39

Apollo

• Moderators
  • Loc: Central Florida

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

Too bad you did not ask this question 2 years ago.  I was living in the SF Bay area using my C11" EdgeHD and had a 224mc at the time.  Anyway, there are a couple of local astronomy clubs that you can reach out to for help.  Just search for them on the internet and I am sure someone will step up to give you a hand.

#3 CoHPhasor

CoHPhasor

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:45 PM

I'm 2 yrs too late.....  bawling.gif

I should have looked for you last time I lived at this place, using the the same rig....

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics