•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ6-R Pro Power Adapter

equipment mount
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lunarpaws

lunarpaws

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

Greetings, all!

I am in the process of ordering the EQ6-R Pro when they are back in stock. My question is, can I use my Celestron Powertank with the mount? I see that the included power cable only has a cigarette lighter adapter which my Powertank lacks. Would I have to invest in a new Powertank or is there an adapter cable that I can utilize instead?

#2 mdbradshaw

mdbradshaw

Vendor - Axis Squared LLC

• Vendors
  • Loc: Houston, TX

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:41 PM

You could cut the cigar lighter part off the cable, and solder on a standard barrel fitting...

or...

You could take a spare barrel fitting cable, and put a female cigar lighter adapter on it...

or...

Well, that's it.  Fab up a middle man cable, modify the existing cable, or get a new Powertank.

#3 3snows

3snows

Mariner 2

• Loc: Boston, MA

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:33 AM

Or buy something like this: https://www.amazon.c...03891958&sr=8-1

#4 Deesk06

Deesk06

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:03 PM

Is it a standard US plug? I have a bunch of power bricks. I am willing to give it to you if you just pay shipping. They are just sitting collecting dust for me ever since I got a PPBA

#5 mdbradshaw

mdbradshaw

Vendor - Axis Squared LLC

• Vendors
  • Loc: Houston, TX

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:26 PM

Is it a standard US plug? I have a bunch of power bricks. I am willing to give it to you if you just pay shipping. They are just sitting collecting dust for me ever since I got a PPBA

Unfortunately the EQ-6 uses a unique 2 pin threaded power connector, which makes simple things like getting power to it a pain. 

The adapter that 3snows showed would work, although I'd be concerned with the 36 watt limit,  that's 3 amps, and the EQ-6 might pull more than that at full slew.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics