•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comet NEAT (C/2001 Q4) positions thru 5/17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

Was able to catch a glimpse of Comet NEAT last night. Conditions were far from ideal. Very humid hazy skies. There were very few "landmarks" to go by in the sky, so some "hunt and peck" was in order. Once I found M44 it was pretty straightforward.

Because of the conditions, I was only able to see the main body of the comet - no tail. Oh, for a high pressure system to clean the crud out of the sky. :) Very kool finding this one finally.

#52 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

We had an amazingly clear sky last night, the first for 3 months. Anyway, Comet NEAT was visible but rather faint through small binoculars and a small scope. I am sure it was much brighter a few weeks ago when near Praesepe?

As as aside I was surprised a few days ago to see that the BBC Night Sky web pages did not even mention the Comet.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics