•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bresser Messier NT-130S/650 Parabolic EXOS-2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grimnir

Grimnir

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: London, England.

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:44 PM

A good friend of mine is thinking of purchasing a Bresser Messier NT-130S/650 Parabolic EXOS-2 and is asking me for my opinion but I do not know this scope.

Does anyone have an opinion of, or experience with, this scope, particularly its optical quality?

Many thanks for any help you can give us.

Graham

#2 sixela

sixela

Hubble

• Loc: Boechout, Belgium

Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:11 PM

Pretty OK for a mass-mirrored scope (after having star-tested one, I'd wager to guess the mirrors are 'plain' GSOs), and certainly not undermounted. Bresser does fleece you a bit more than Skywatcher for the accessories (it's an EQ5-class mount but there are less third-party add-ons).

Not a "premium" scope with premium optics, of course, but it's refreshing to find a 130mm scope that isn't woefully undermounted -- you'll search for Synta kits with a 130/650 on an EQ5 mount (or even EQ3) in vain. Skywatcher forces you to buy the OTA and mounts separately, which increases the price.

Edited by sixela, 28 October 2020 - 04:51 PM.

#3 Grimnir

Grimnir

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: London, England.

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

Thank you sixela - I think I'll recommend a Sky-Watcher Explorer 200P EQ5 Newt which are competitively priced here in the UK.

Graham

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics