•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

mars 10 28 16f7 asi 224 and 290 mc

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:05 PM

I got a coment from Daryl aboot my images from the other night and he gave me 3 thumbs up lol he said something like nice images but you still didnt blow away the c 14 like you said you would. If your going to do ral science and compare 2 different scopes then they should be side by side and same exact camera model or at least both being mono doing rgb or both beoing mc doing 1 shot imaging not 2 scopes a half world appart lol. Reasin i am saying this is im still not 100% certain i was perfectly colimated 2nd reason it was so breezy half the time mars was off the sensor or half on half off. if it were indeed perfect seeing and i knew the scope was perfectly colimated and it was dead calm then i would say this is the best i could do .  

By the way my scope ended up getting pouring rain on it I got the power turned off and my laptop was already inside but  will have to clean my mirrors tomorow and i still have to focus on finding a job/. the detailing/ polishing is working ok but i need something more steady. there was an add for dock building at 25 an hour In all reality I should have spent the night working on that. but if i cant iage anymore then I may as well sell the scope. in all reality if i could go back in time i would have probably got a c 14 just because i wouldnt have to wory about climbing laders and wind. enjoy

first up is a plain tif i saved as jpeg

2020-10-29-0145_7-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap13_convplaintif.jpg

2020-10-29-0145_7-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap13_conv.jpg

2020-10-29-0118_1-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap14_conv.jpg 2020-10-29-0145_7-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap13_convsoft.jpg

2020-10-29-0206_2-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap13_conv.jpg

2020-10-29-0248_0-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap22_conv3.jpg

last 2 are i belive the 290 but i still thoink the 224 is better suited for my scope

• cometcatcher, Magellanico, lukasik and 11 others like this

#2 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:06 PM

Top image is a tif nothing done to it

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

Voyager 1

• Loc: the Canadian nebula .

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:09 PM

they are very beautiful, I prefer the last one, thanks.

• GeorgeInDallas likes this

#4 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:16 PM

they are very beautiful, I prefer the last one, thanks.

thanks that was the 290mc on a 600 roi they are all 600 roi except 1 i think was 500. i will try to re work these better when i get a chance if i were filthy rich i would just work on this stuff everyday but the weather just has not been co operating at all

#5 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:32 PM

Hey! Nothing wrong with your images Joe - better than most for sure! waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif  I'm just stirring you about that "personal challenge" you threw out at the beginning of the Mars apparition lol.gif - truth is, I thought it would be a done deal that you'd get better results than us with Mars rarely hitting anything above 50° here (52° tops right up North 300 miles from home)...but planetary imaging rarely runs to any pre-ordained scripts...

But whatever, the ADC & a lot of hard work in skies that weren't very forgiving has enabled us to complete our Mars mission to our satisfaction! smile.gif I'll post later today our time with the final piece of the puzzle. wink.gif

Edited by Kokatha man, 28 October 2020 - 11:33 PM.

• Jeff B1 likes this

#6 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:41 PM

Hey! Nothing wrong with your images Joe - better than most for sure! waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif  I'm just stirring you about that "personal challenge" you threw out at the beginning of the Mars apparition lol.gif - truth is, I thought it would be a done deal that you'd get better results than us with Mars rarely hitting anything above 50° here (52° tops right up North 300 miles from home)...but planetary imaging rarely runs to any pre-ordained scripts...

But whatever, the ADC & a lot of hard work in skies that weren't very forgiving has enabled us to complete our Mars mission to our satisfaction! smile.gif I'll post later today our time with the final piece of the puzzle. wink.gif

I had bad wind both nights and could not keep the planet inside its tiny little box lol Perhaps the seeing wasnt all that great either iv seen better with Jupiter right now its pouring rain out my shirt is still wet and i got caught in the rain with the scope lol

#7 R Botero

R Botero

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:55 AM

Those images are superb! Your unprocessed image is my final one here! Keep them coming please.

Roberto

#8 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:47 PM

I had to re do this one using drizzle 1st one looked way to red and yes i did look at mars in my scope 2nd one i toed down but loads of cloud details

2020-10-29-0145_7-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap14_Drizzle15_convrspscropped.jpg

2020-10-29-0145_7-L-Mars_AS_p51_g6_ap14_Drizzle15_convrspslr.jpg

Edited by moonwatching ferret, 29 October 2020 - 03:50 PM.

• R Botero and Foc like this

#9 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: South Central Florida

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:17 PM

I saved some of these to savior them later and pick put the neat stuff. Excellent images.

#10 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

Those images are superb! Your unprocessed image is my final one here! Keep them coming please.

Roberto

I honestly could barely belive my wee ferret eyes when i saw that and the rest of last nights data pop out of sharp cap. I process in the field just because its quich and i get to see what kind of data im getting. I just went to alpo Japan I always thought that place was for the cream of the crop top imagers like Christopher go and Damián peach but I saw nothing even remotely close to these. not bragging just a bit surprised. im tempted to go out tonight but it just stopped raining right after sunset its clear and calm. the seeing forecast is better for tomorrow it actually shows 5/5  . I told Daryl that I would blow away his wee c 14 at the beginning but according to him i haven't lol probably im using an mc and he's doing rgb with a mono and possibly he has better seeing. mars at the time of these captures was bouncing allover the place

• R Botero likes this

#11 JMP

JMP

Viking 1

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:50 PM

Pretty good all right!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics